AirGradient Forum

AirGradient Go: Battery Life and Care | AirGradient Knowledge Base

Battery use depends on:

Shorter measurement intervals, GPS use, active route tracking, and brighter LEDs can reduce battery runtime.


This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.airgradient.com/documentation/kb/airgradient-go-battery-life-and-battery-care

How long does the battery last when its settings are optimized? Or how long on average?

Hi @KB123 - on the highest measurement frequency, the battery lasts around 12 hours. The lower the frequency is, the more the battery will last. On lower measurement intervals, it can go over a week or mote.

How long does the battery last when its settings are optimized? Or how long on average?

Hi @kimkomnb, please refer to Altair’s reply to the same question above.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you.

A couple observations on battery life…

It doesn’t seem to charge past 90-91%, not sure if this is on purpose to optimize battery longevity?

When on 1 hour measurement interval and GPS on “on when tracking”, the battery life appears to be only about 1-2 days? (Unless the 1 hour setting is not sticking somehow-- it does show as “1h” on device in the settings)
EDIT: Confirmed the sensors are updating at the set 1 hour interval

I just charged as much as I could (91%) yesterday and a little less than 24 hours later sitting on the table without interacting with it, it’s at 34%.

Also-- is the app set up to update sensor readings on demand? Is that what it means by “Updated XX/XX/XX, XX:XX:XXAM/PM”? Or is it just confirming that it’s reading whatever the device last measured, at whatever interval it’s set at? (If it’s the latter, this is a little confusing for me, my first assumption is that whatever date/time it says is the date/time of the sensor readings displayed)

1 Like

Hi @vlotty, according to the app, when you connect your AirGradient Go with the app via BLE (running the Go in Portable Mode), the air quality readings shown on the mobile app are synced in real-time with the AirGradient Go (depending on the set measurement interval on the Go).

However, you may see ‘Updated xx Sep 2026 xx:xx’ on the mobile app, and the incremental time changes every minute. This indicates that the AirGradient Go and your phone are still actively communicating with each other, while the air quality reading shown on your mobile app remains the same, depending on the measurement interval set on the AirGradient Go.

For other questions, please let me observe my Go, and consult the team on this for an accurate answer, and I will get back to you.

Thanks!

My suggestion would be for it to say “Synced” instead of “Updated”, as “Updated” suggests the sensor readings were updated. and then maybe below another line that says “Readings updated” and the date/time?

And as another update to battery life, with the setting at 1 hour update interval, the battery died at about 1.5 days. (unsure exactly when because it happened while asleep)

1 Like

Hi @vlotty, thank you again for your suggestions! I will report this to our mobile app developer.

By the way, regarding your update on the battery life. May I ask if the Go was connected to your phone’s Bluetooth all the time when it was running?

Thanks!

If the Go doesn’t automatically disconnect bluetooth, then perhaps it was connected the whole time? (or trying to connect)

Did not realize we needed to manually disconnect, though perhaps by default it should not stay connected?

Hi @vlotty, it should be fine to keep the connection. I just would like to know the condition that your Go was running on.

Our team discussed your reported case in our yesterday’s meeting. We are currently trying to simulate that condition with our Go and observe its battery life in the latest firmware (1.1.2).

1 Like

I repeated the battery life test, charged as full as I could (it still seems to max out at around 90% charge), the update interval is 1 hour, and made sure to disconnect from bluetooth. Looks like battery life will still be somewhere between 24-36 hours. In about 24 hours it looks like it’s down to 20-25%.

1 Like

Hi @vlotty, I tested with my Go (it’s kind of a pre-production unit anyway). I got a similar result to yours. We will discuss this further and see what we can do to improve the battery life. Thank you so much for your report!

Please feel free to let us know if you have anything to share with us. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @vlotty, I hope you don’t mind if I ask one more question from our team about the issue that you observed where your AirGradient Go didn’t charge past 90-91%. Did you see the plug-in icon appear, but it never reached 100%? Thanks!

@Tai_AirGradient

Hi Tai,

I received my AirGradient Go two days ago and have been testing its functions. Overall, it’s a great device, but I have encountered a few issues that I would like your help with:

  1. Auto-Wake on Charge: When the Go is powered off and connected to a USB charger, it automatically wakes up after about 10 minutes.

  2. Charging Limit: The battery will not charge past 92%, even after being plugged in for over 20 hours using the original USB cable and a modern 65W PD charger. I also noticed a flashing icon inside the battery indicator.

  3. Connectivity Issues:

  • Initially, my iPhone 16 Pro Max (iOS 27) could not pair via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

  • After several attempts, Bluetooth connected, and Station Mode successfully connected to my local Wi-Fi router. However, the AirGradient app still cannot connect to the Go over Wi-Fi.

  • Sometimes I have to hard reset my iPhone just to get the app to reconnect via Bluetooth. On September 26, the Go disconnected again from Power OFF, requiring me to manually reconnect through my iPhone’s Bluetooth settings before the app would recognize it.

  1. Power Button Responsiveness: Occasionally, pressing the unlock button does not trigger the expected functions (ON/OFF/UNlock/Lock).

  2. Hardware Test Discrepancy: During the hardware check, the Front LED test fails to turn the light ON (only the Touch 2 LED lights up). Is this because the front LED was removed in this hardware revision?
    Question: What is the “Display LED” setting supposed to do? I tried turning it ON and OFF, but I don’t see any visual change or LED turning on/off on the device.

Sometime hard to understand how to select the operation mode, if there is a details operation user manual for reference?

Could you please review these points and let me know if these are known bugs, hardware limitations, or if I need a replacement?

Thanks for your support!

1 Like

I think so-- I’m charging now and the plug-in icon is there. Will see what happens when it stops charging.

1 Like

Hi @Alan_Ng, thank you so much for your feedback.

  1. Auto-Wake on Charge: This is normal in the current firmware. The AirGradient Go will automatically wake up when the USB-C is plugged in.

  2. Charging Limit: The issue you observe looks similar to @vlotty’s report. Please let our engineer investigate this further.

  3. Connectivity Issues: Could you please provide us with more details on

  • AirGradient Map iOS app version
  • Do you use your AirGradient Go only with the iPhone, or do you also use it with your other devices?
  1. Power Button Responsiveness: Could you make sure that the button is actually pressed (you can hear the click). Some videos from you would be helpful for us to investigate this issue.
  2. All the LEDs on the front of the AirGradient Go will be removed in the next hardware revision (more info: New Go IAQS LED feature - excellent! - #8 by Tai_AirGradient ). In future firmware, the front LED test should also disappear.

Regarding your question about the ‘Display LED’, they was supposed to illuminate the display, but we ultimately decided to get rid of them. Here’s what the ‘Display LED’ looks like:

Regarding the Operation Mode part, you can visit this article to learn more: AirGradient Go: Operating Modes | AirGradient Knowledge Base

Please feel free to report to us if you experience any issues. Thank you!

Hi @vlotty! The engineering team wanted to know if by “battery life test” you meant that you fully ran the “FG Learning” hardware test?

FYI @Samuel_AirGradient @Tanapat_Sombonsuk

No, it was just by fully charging as much as I could (to about 90%, then the device stops displaying the plug/charging icon), then just seeing about when it says “battery level critical”.

1 Like