Resolving Inaccurate PM Sensor Readings in AirGradient Devices

I’ve noticed several posts here discussing issues with the PM2.5, PM1, and PM10 sensors in some AirGradient devices, while the PM0.3 sensor appears to be working fine or at least more accurately. My readings for PM2.5, PM1, and PM10 are almost always zero, which seems to be a common issue for many users. However, I’ve observed that the readings increase when I cook and my device is near the kitchen, and also when I blow out a candle—the PM readings spike after extinguishing the flame, indicating that the sensors are responsive to something. Aside from these events, my readings usually stay at zero. Is the issue then a problem accuracy or are the sensor responding to something independent of PM?

I’m trying to understand how this problem can be resolved and whether the sensors are fine or not. I saw a comment today suggesting that it might be due to a calibration issue at the factory. For those of us experiencing these inaccurate sensor readings, what’s the solution? Do we need to replace the sensors, or is this something that could be fixed through a software update or calibration?

This is the most current information:
Low Readings from Plantower PMS5003

Low Readings from Plantower PMS5003 - AirGradient Blog - AirGradient Forum

1 Like

The blog post that @MallocArray shared explains a lot but let me underline that this issue has top priority right now and many people at AirGradient are working on it.

I am confident we will have more information this week.