Unable to turn off LEDs and Screen during night hours

Hello Everyone.

I’d like to start by saying that I absolutely love this device, it’s been a wonderful little unit thus far. That said, I need to find a way to turn off the LEDs and screen during nighttime.

I’ve searched the forum and found two ways to turn off LEDs:
1- holding down “the button” (tried both since I didn’t know which one) to enter the config table to choose a number corresponding to LEDs off. Result: I was unable to enter any type of menu.
2- going to “edit location” in the dashboard. Result: found the page, but nothing referring to LEDs in that section.

I started with fw.3.0.0, wound up upgrading to fw.3.0.1, tried both methods again, same result.

Any advice will be immensely appreciated.

Cheers!

We are actually right now implementing a night mode that you could set a time range for both display and LEDs to switch off or set a dim percentage. So this feature will definitely come in the next few updates.

3 Likes

I setup my v9 kit last night and encountered the same bug with #2 - When going to “Edit Location” as per instructions there is no option to change LEDs until I went to “Edit Sensor” and set the model correctly (it was blank by default), then the option to change LEDs appears in the “Edit Location” window.

Excited to hear that you are implementing this feature. As well as the ability to set a time range, it would also be nice to have a simple toggle button to enable/disable “Night Mode” for those of us with inconsistent sleep habits :wink:

Also worth noting that in a very dark room, you can notice the 4sec pulse of the CO2 sensor through the holes in the enclosure, I’m assuming there’s not much we can do about that right?

Thanks Achim, I think it will be a very popular feature. :sleeping_bed: :muscle:t3:

Interesting… I noticed that as well, but didn’t think about going as far as setting the model in the blank spot. Good call, going to try that shortly!

Yes it’s a common problem that the model is not set. In one of the next dashboard updates we will show this message:

Achim, that’s a good idea, it will be quite helpful once implemented since it’s something that can be easily overlooked.

@Ajax, you’re da real MVP. Your suggestion worked, thanks man. :muscle:t3:

I setup my v9 kit last night and encountered the same bug with #2 - When going to “Edit Location” as per instructions there is no option to change LEDs until I went to “Edit Sensor” and set the model correctly (it was blank by default), then the option to change LEDs appears in the “Edit Location” window.

Excited to hear that you are implementing this feature. As well as the ability to set a time range, it would also be nice to have a simple toggle button to enable/disable “Night Mode” for those of us with inconsistent sleep habits :wink:

Also worth noting that in a very dark room, you can notice the 4sec pulse of the CO2 sensor through the holes in the enclosure, I’m assuming there’s not much we can do about that right?

Yes, there is nothing we can do about the CO2 blinking but I think it’s rather faint and I can hardly see it.

Hi @Achim_AirGradient ,

I am also quite interested in the “screen dimming” options. I have a couple AirGradient ONEs around the house, and at night the display is incredibly bright and disturbing… The option to turn off LEDs was very welcome (albeit a bit hidden in the menus), having the ability to dim the display as well would be a great addition!

I understand you are working on a more involved scheduling system but, in the meantime, would it be possible to just expose a “dim display” feature, like you did for the LEDs? That would help a lot and allow you to take your time with the more complex feature.

Thank you!

Yes, there is nothing we can do about the CO2 blinking but I think it’s rather faint and I can hardly see it.

It’s not too bright, but depending on where the sensor is located in relation to one’s bed/eye-line, it can be disturbing at night.

I find that, in situations such as these, a bit of strategically placed electrical tape works wonders. Just make sure it’s small enough to cover only the required angle, so that it doesn’t interfere with the air circulation.