New AirGradient DIY Kit Version 3 Feedback and Discussion

CO2 and PM do not need to run constantly for accurate readings. Only the TVOC sensor should be polled regularly.
The idea with the batterie is that if you would like to measure somewhere for a shorter period of time where you do not have a power outlet nearby.

2 Likes

Thank you. I don’t know where I got the idea that the CO2 sensor needs to be running for some time to provide accurate reading. :man_shrugging: If that’s not the case then obviously a battery is a great addition.
Side question, after the CO2 is calibrated, turning it on and off doesn’t screw with the calibration?

Can you give us an update on this? Are you still expecting the updated plastic enclosures by the end of May?

Things look on track. Enclosures have been produced and are currently at the CNC factory for the cutout. Hopefully no more mistakes this time :wink: Will send an email out as soon as we have the enclosures back in the office and checked.

2 Likes

Any idea when you will take orders for the update kits

We want to get some feedback from the first batch of the upgraded kits and then if all is fine make it regularly available.

2 Likes

Good news, we have received the enclsoures with the CNC cutout back and everything looks fine. We will start shipping them next week and you will then get an email with the tracking number.

4 Likes

Just want to let you know that we (finally!) started shipping the kits a few days ago and hope to complete shipping by end of next week. You should get an email once your kit has been shipped with the tracking number.

Is there an upgrade kit planned with just the PCB and enclosure?

2 Likes

I received my kit. I assembled it and everything aside from the SGP30 is working good.

I think I received a defective SGP30 as I tried both the AirGradient Arduino sketch and ESPHome. If I have the SPG30 connected, the I2C bus doesn’t work at all.

If the i2c does not work at all, that could also indicate a short circuit from the SGP30 module pins. Can you please post images? Also, make sure it’s mounted the correct way.

@Achim_AirGradient Any updates with the shipping process?

Here are the images:

I tested using continuity on the multi-meter and it doesn’t seem to be shorted. What’s interesting is that with the Arduino Sketch, OLED works but all the values are shown as 0 (even PM and CO2 sensors). With ESPHome, the SGP30 is detected on the I2C bus at address 0x58, but the OLED and the SHT temp/hum sensor do not work. If I remove the SGP30 TVOC sensor, everything else works as normal.

If you remove the temp/humidity sensor, does the sgp30 work?

1 Like

We already shipped half the kits and the other half will be shipped starting middle of next week.

We decided to purchase a better carton box to protect the enclosures during shipping and we expect these carton boxes to arrive middle of next week.

Once the kit has been shipped, you will receive the tracking number.

Are you using the code from this post?

@Achim_AirGradient Will upgrade kits with just the PCB and enclosure be available for order?

Yes, we will try and make that available.

Just got mine this week. The box was slightly crushed on one end, but initial look things seem ok. I will probably do the build this weekend and give feedback.

Just finished the Pro Kit and I was trying to flash the 8266 using age sketch provided in the e-mail. This did not work and it seems that there are issues with the U8g2 library. Anyone else having problems? The error is an endless loop of items “not declared in this scope” all referenced to the U8g2 library. I get this error both on “compile” and “upload” options. In other words it never gets to flashing the 8266.