Firmware 3.1.9 rolling out

We currently roll out firmware 3.1.9.

Main improvements are around PM read problems in low concentrations and stability.

In case you experience any issues, please report here.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a white dot on the far left and the top of the display say “AG Server N/A” for a few moments and then it returns to normal (The message changed slightly in 3.1.9 to show add AG to the message)

A few times I’ve seen the top line of the display change from showing the temp and humidity to just a single dash where each of those were. After a second or two it returns to proper values

Edit: And now I have a single purple LED on the far Left with no other message on the screen. Unclear as an end user what this is supposed to indicate.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. We will look into this.

I just set up m AirGradient One I-9PSL-DE a few days ago. It’s shown 0 for PM 1, PM 2.5 and PM 10. PM 0.3 is giving readings that seem accurate though. I compared it to a Qingping Gen 2 monitor. PM 2.5 and PM 10 on the Qingping fluctuate as I would expect when opening windows, dusting, vaccuuming, etc… but only the PM 0.3 changes on the AirGradient One.

Since I’ve seen similar post from other users since updating to 3.1.9, I"m going to try the previous firmware version. and test it again. Any other suggestions?

I am getting four red LEDs when CO2 is 1000 PPM . What does that mean please?

I’ve only seen it with f/w 3.19. Thanks.

https://app.airgradient.com/dashboard/about

I also have 4 orangeish/red LEDs at CO2 1095 which doesn’t line up with the expected pattern

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. We are checking this.

1 Like

Not sure it’s related, but I setup my brand new AirGradient One, I think it updated overnight and it either nuked the S8 and PMS sensors, or my unit died within the first 24 hours.

I don’t think it is related. Did you try and reboot the device?
If it is still a problem please contact our support team.

Already in contact, thanks Achim.

Î have the same, also 3.1.9 (yet m monitor is only weeks old, I have no experience with former Versions).
Also the graph in the dashboard is colored the same way: yellow above 800ppm, red above 1000ppm.

This has already been fixed in the code and will be rolled out in the next firmware update.

Our developers currently doing some in depth checks of the whole firmware code to see if there are other areas than need improvement.

3 Likes

Hi Achim,

I have 6 units of in-door monitor are working normally in the past few months.
Today, I observe that 2 units of in-door monitor as below do not display any value of PM 0.3, PM 1.0 and PM 10 on AirGardient dashboard, but it is showing the updating values on HomeAssistance dashboard.

AirGradient DIY-Basic (Generation 1) Monitor Serial Number: dc8e9e
AirGradient DIY Pro 3.7 Monitor Serial Number: 7a9ad4 firmware v3.7
The above units I have added HomeKit integration on it.

The others 4 units are working normally under AirGradient dashboard and Home Assistance dashboard.
3 units AirGradient ONE (Generation 9) with LED bar and OLED display firmware v3.1.9
1 unit is AirGradient DIY Pro 3.7 no LED bar with OLED display v3.1.9
Monitor Serial Number: 8caab50f49dd
Monitor Serial Number: 7a9ad4
Monitor Serial Number: 84fce60be460
Monitor Serial Number: 84fce60be444

Do you have any idea about the reported issues?

Can you explain what exact firmware version is running on the older DIY models?

Do you use the exact version from our website or did you do your own adjustments?

By the way I am pretty sure this is not related to the OTA firmware update because that OTA only supports newer generation of monitors.

@Achim_AirGradient

Here is more details as below:

• Monitor Serial Number: 7a9ad4 is DIY Basic kit 1st Gen PCB
    It is running on firmware under the AirGradient Library 2.4.15 AirGradient DIY BASIC ino file
    I have added the HomeKit portion on the orignial software with no modified of AirGradient portion. It has been running since May 2023 up to now with no such reported issues.

• Monitor Serial Number: 7a9ad4 is DIY Pro v3.7 PCB
    It is running on firmware under the under the AirGradient Library 2.4.15 DIY_PTO_V3.7 into
    I have added the HomeKit portion on the original software with no modified of AirGradient portion. It has been running since May 2023 up to now with no such reported issues.

• The HomeKit portion is copy modified the Co2 as a sensor with reference of user gohai under AirGradient Integrations on May 2023.

• The above 2 monitors are running older firmware version so it cannot support OTA firmware updates. The actual firmware version I am not recalled.

All others monitors are The AirGradient ONE Air Quality Sensor (Presoldered-Version, PCB Version 9) PCB which are updated to v3.1.9 by OTA and they are working normally.

The reported issues I just recovered a few days ago, during checking I find there are latest firmware v3.1.9 is released and all my The AirGradient ONE Air Quality Sensor (Presoldered-Version, PCB Version 9) PCB are updated and running normally. So, I do not know what is the root cause of it.

Thanks fo r your attention. I attached some screen shots for your reference, it may be helpful.!
I cannot recall the firmware version since the ino file no version remark on it. I only can recall when and what AirGradient library version that I have modified.

Hello,
The firmware page tell to " 1. Push the button on the PCB and keep it pushed" to update the firmware but I just had to plug my airgradient on my computer and start the update.

I postponed for a long time to update because I didn’t have the time to open my monitor and search for a button on the PCB, so I woul advise to change the wording to be less intimidating

For some users, the button does need to be pressed when plugging in the USB to the computer. There is a small hole in the case next to the USB port that you can use a small screwdriver or piece of sturdy wire to press the button through the case without disassembling it.

But sounds like you are all set

This is probably related to all firmware versions, but I’m currently on 3.1.9.

The issue is that standalone mode uses the stored values for OLED and LED brightness. If those values are “0” (off), then when booting into standalone mode, both will remain off making the unit essentially useless. I suggest the behavior should be to set the brightness to whatever the default is (probably 100%) when in standalone mode.

This happened to me when my network went down. I had an automation to turn off the OLED and LEDs at night and turn them back on in the morning. My network went down in the middle of the night and remained down due to hurricane Milton. This rendered the unit useless in standalone mode.

This might be a fairly unusual scenario, but should be an easy change in code for future releases. Thanks!

• Bryce

There is a small hole in the case next to the USB port that you can use a small screwdriver or piece of sturdy wire to press the button through the case without disassembling it.

I see it now. it would be nice to add a picture in the page I think, because I guess I’m not alone to think that I need to dissamble the monitor

FYI, the LED colors are wrong because this PR changed them to be wrong:

The new value of RGB_COLOR_Y—255, 150, 0— is solid orange, nowhere close to yellow. And the new value of RGB_COLOR_O—255, 40, 0—is red with the tiniest hint of orange.