Using the outdoor monitor indoors, mounting questions

I though of ordering the outdoor unit to use indoor… like on a TV table but then realized the base has no holes on the sides to allow air to breath in.

Since this unit as well as the indoor one needs to be connected to a power source 7/24, at least in the “tv room”, I’d rather install the outdoor one on the TV desk. I thought of using a drill to make holes but I doubt it would look great.

Perhaps in the future there will be a model with base that has holes? :thinking:

You can probably pretty easily design a stand and 3d print it but what are your reasons not wanting to use the indoor monitor?

In some cases it is more convenient to drop the device on a “flat surface” with the power cable plugged behind a desk or underneath a table.

Installation on a wall requires to have an outlet and have the power cable follow the wall, maybe in an office that’s fine or a school but inside a house it doesn’t look right. The other option is to make a hole in the wall, pass the wire in the wall to a junction box and hide the transformer in there.

The indoor model is also breathing air from below, does that allow installation on a flat surface? I’m looking at the casing, would it stay in upright position if put on a flat surface?

{edit] Hours later, I noticed the indoor unit’s rear casing has a grove to pass the power cable. This actually allows the unit to lay down horizontally on a flat surface. Definitely not the best option if someone wants to take a look at the display but that might work for me.

Thank you!

Moved above to a new topic as this also touches the indoor monitor.

• The indoor monitor is designed to have air inflow from the bottom in order to ensure a chimney effect through the enclosure. If this is not given the enclosure will heat up and the temperature sensor will show way too high readings

• To some extent the same effect happens if the device is laid on a table. So this is not recommended.

So both units have been designed to be primarily wall or (for the outdoor one) pole mounted. However for the indoor unit we made some small clip on legs to be able to stand it on a table. If there is interest on these clip on stands I can post the 3d files.

I had not thought about the heat for the indoor unit if laying down, totally agree.

Definitely interested.