Slow update/publishing rate via HA

Hi there!

Until recentely I only had a DIY basic 2.2 kit but just upgraded with a I-9PSL device. I kept the other one, updated it and will keep it in another room.

Previously with a super old firmware of the DIY kit, I had the Jeff Geerling setup where a Prometheus server would pull the data from an endpoint on the device.
However I wanted to harmonize the two devices and also do some home automations and so wanted to go through Home Assistant and then offload to influx for later analysis from the HA integration.

What I noticed is that the data in Home Assistant seems to come in for either device at a frequency of 1-2 minutes! Which is crazy considering that my old DIY setup (in the same place as the new One) had new data every ~1s. And I checked back and it seemed like new and not just stale data.

So I was wondering if there is a way of changing the updating rate of the DIY basic and One monitor? I want to turn on air purifiers after a few consecutive measurements have exceeded a threshold and this would be several minutes which seems like a huge delay.

Edit:
Actually I don’t even know if the data coming into HA is correct. I just had opened the window to let some “fresh” air in and the I-9PSL showed PM2.5 values in the 20s when the Home Assistant sensor only showed ~10 and that freshly updated. I waited a bit for new measurement but this disagreement stayed like that. Is this a case of “compensated” values vs raw?

Are you saying there is a discrepancy between what you see on the screen of the device and what is reported in HomeAssistant?

I’m looking at my HomeAssisant and it may be 2 minutes between readings as well, but it is frequent enough for me. I wouldn’t want an air purifier turning off and on multiple times per minute if it was right on the threshold.

Yes there also seems to be a discrepancy.

Well, I also would not want to turn my air purifier on and off within the two minutes. But I also don’t want to wait two hole minutes until a it kicks in.

To prevent oscillations, I want to do a) some filtering on the data. E.g. 5 consecutive measurements need to be all above a threshold to determine “bad air”. So I don’t turn it on if there was one outlier reading. And b) always turn on the air purifier for a minimum time, like at least ~30 minutes. (That is more due to proximity of sensor and purifier.)

I understand that the HA integration may not want to overwhelm the server but then data only consists of 14 unsigned integers and 2 floats to update.

So I wonder if there is a way to update this frequency?