Questions about the AirGradient DIY Display

I’m planning to build the AirGradient DIY Display shown here: AirGradient DIY Display

I have two questions…

• As currently configured the display is used in portrait mode, is it possible to use it in landscape mode to display the same information, and how would that be done?
    • This question applies to the small display on the DIY sensor package AND the AirGradient DIY Display - Is it possible to display temperature in degrees Fahrenheit (°F) and barometric pressure in inches of mercury (" Hg), and how would that be done?

Many thanks!

I am assuming you use the AirGradient Arduino library example code. There you can flip the display but I don’t think you can rotate it. We use this library and you can check the features.

You can add adjust the code in the Arduino Sketch to convert °C to °F in Line 91

payload=payload+"\"atmp\":" + String(result.t) +   ",\"rhum\":" + String(result.rh);
    showTextRectangle(String(result.t),String(result.rh)+"%",false);

by adding the conversion formula after “result.t”

The SHT does not provide barometric pressure. So this is not possible.

OK, thanks for the info on the temperature conversion, but I’m seeing relative humidity in what you posted?

The switching orientation on the display was in reference to the 2.4" TFT display of the AirGradient DIY display used in this project: AirGradient DIY Display

result.t => temperature
result.h => humidity

For the 2.4 TFT display, you can rotate by playing around with this line:

tft.setRotation(2);

But you need to redraw/reprogram the complete output for the text etc. to make it fit landscape which is not easy because its all very x,y coordinate based.

Thanks again… gives me a direction to go in, and on the display I guess I can experiment with the X,Y coordinates until I get what I need!