Pro version: secure boards mechnically

I often bring the Pro monitor along when driving between two homes. I find that the D1 board and the Co2 sensor easily pop out of their pin headers. A very minor knock on the case is enough. One then has to unscrew the case, push the D1/co2 sensor back down onto their headers and close the case again. I bet I can put some foam or tape to hold them in place, but I thought I’d mention it here as a possible improvement for future versions.

I can come up with two possible remedies. I bet there are other (better) ideas.

1. You could have two holes on the PCB above and below the D1 spot and the CO2 sensor spot. I could then, for example, use a cable tie around the D1/Co2 sensor and tie them to the PCB.
  2. There could be a spacer in the case mould that physically restricts the D1/co2 boards.

For applications where shock & vibration are a concern, you’d probably want to solder the components down instead of using header sockets.

The new pro board has holes for zip ties around the S8 but not (yet) for the D1 but I agree with Ken for a bullet proof solution it would be best to solder all the components.

Yes sure, soldering everything in place is an option, but that also makes playing with it quite a bit harder. E.g. I recently changed from the D1 mini ESP8266 that came with the kit to a Lolin C3 mini v2.1.0. Impossible if everything is soldered in place, really… hence the suggestion to consider adding some holes for tie wraps :slight_smile: