PM 2.5 sensor not working on Indoor v9 kit

I just hooked up an Indoor v9 kit I received a couple weeks ago. The pm2.5 sensor doesn’t appear to be working. It reads 0, even with a burning match underneath it, and the fan does not run at all. I’ve flashed firmware and re-seated the cable to the sensor to no avail.

If i start the unit with the cable disconnected from the sensor, it reads ‘-’ for the pm 2.5 sensor instead of ‘0’, so it seems like it’s communicating something.

Anything else I can look at?

Can you please post some pictures of the assembled PCB?

Whole board

closeup of pm2.5 connector on board

…and the connector on the sensor itself

The photos look fine. Did you check particle003 count number that is displayed on our dashboard? To see it you need to make visible the respective column.

The particle003 count Syl gives you values on very low pm concentrations so it’s a good test.

I haven’t hooked it up to the dashboard yet, but logs show 0 for for particle003, assuming i’m looking at the correct value:

{“wifi”:-56, “rco2”:778, “pm01”:0, “pm02”:0, “pm10”:0, “pm003_count”:0, “tvoc_index”:111, “nox_index”:1, “atmp”:21.87, “rhum”:29, “boot”:263}

Yes. It looks like its not working. Please contact us by email and we will send a replacement.

1 Like

The new sensor is working great. Thanks for all the help!

Great. Thanks for letting me know