PM 0.3 accuracy / calibration

I got the indoor (I-9PSL) and outdoor (O-1PP) kits, and set them up a couple of days ago to see how the results compare. They are both in the same room, placed next to each other.

I’ve noticed the outdoor monitor is consistently returning PM 0.3 measurements about 3x higher than the indoor kit. Is this normal? I’ve attached a screenshot.

I believe I remember @Achim_AirGradient mentioning that the 0.3 measurement is the most difficult for the sensors and there is a wider range of variance between them, but the sensors are best suited for the PM 2.5 value, so as long as those generally line up, I think you are within range

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I looked into the technical specs, and it seems the PMS5003T sensor cannot be relied on for PM 0.3 measurement - it has somewhere around 30% - 60% overall accuracy. So I will just turn the 0.3 measurement off in the dashboard.

Unfortunately it seems that one or both of my PMS5003T are not calibrated correctly. Since there is a consistent 2-3x variance across all of my PM measurements, when comparing the indoor and outdoor monitors. I’m not sure which unit is inaccurate or how to fix this.

Yes we are aware of this and looking into it and also talking to the manufacturer.
We are also planning to change the concentration test in our test chamber to better capture these.

2 Likes