Outdoor Monitor - Wrong Firmware

I have the slightly older Outdoor monitor 1.3 PST with the dual PMS5003T sensors. I flashed the latest firmware from the website not realizing it’s been updated to expect the SenseAir S8 module. Now if I look at the serial console output it just constantly prints “Init SenseAirS8 failed” and fails to reconnect to wifi. Is there a way to backlevel my firmware and get my monitor working again? Thanks!

You might try this page and the firmware
The AirGradient Open Air Outdoor Air Quality Monitor (Presoldered-Version, PCB Version 1.1)

Otherwise, the AirGradient team is working on some new firmware for this model, or you could use the Arduino software to manually install the previous firmware

1 Like

Thank you! The 1.1 update you linked got me back in business. Is there a firmware archive somewhere that I could have pulled from and updated with the Arduino software? I looked around the website for a while before posting and didn’t see one.

We are working on improving this. The next release will already bundle the two Open Air models into one firmware.

1 Like

Is there any way we can get hardware to upgrade our outdoor monitors? Is that even possible?

I would be interested in doing so if possible.

Which model do you have? If it is O-1PPT you can purchase the CO2 sensor module to replace one of the PM2.5 modules
https://www.airgradient.com/shop/#!/SenseAir-S8-CO2-NDIR-Sensor-Module-for-AirGradient-Open-Air/p/617939010/category=154292501

If you have one with an older board, the shop also has the newer board available for sale