Open source hardware - sources?

Just a quick update. Open Air v. 1.3 including CO2 holder will be available next week as ki-cad files. But I added the SHT and SGP modules today:

The AirGradient Builds Overview

I’m sorry it takes so long but we are currently suuuuper busy.

Hi Malloc, I just started to measure and sensors are still calibrating but when printing (both ABS and PLA) I can see an increase in all particle sizes. Can’t wait for finishing my outdoor box to calibrste the baseline. Your tip with the Nevermore Filters is definitvely true, I started building the StealthMax and it’s controller some while ago but have not finished yet. Will be interesting to find out how much it changes.

Hi Achim, many thanks and you being busy hopefully means a lot more people are interested into your project and your goal making the world a little cleaner.

Hello,

I have recently started to get very interested in monitoring the air quality at my office. Firstly, let me say thank you for this excellent project and for making it available for all. I am trying to build my unit from scratch (just to learn and to re-use some sensors I have from a previous unsuccessful project of mine).

I am going to build the v9.0 indoor monitor. I have been able to re-create gerber and BOM files from kicad. However, I am still missing some information, specially for the external LED board and the SGP41 sensor. I will be very grateful if anyone could answer

• What are the values of the capacitors in the LED board? It only says C_Small in the files.
  • What is the footprint of the WS2812B leds? KiCad says only “LED_WS2812B_FIXED” and when trying to outsource them there are multiple of version and I am lost on which to buy. lcsc lists more than 30 variants.
  • Is the SGP41 module custom? I am trying to find a module i can buy but all that I can find (aliexpress mainly) seem to be different with other components/resistors/capacitors (or none at all).

Again, many thanks for the project and hopefully somebody can answer my questions.

Open Air Ki-Cad file for latest version (1.3) now on the website. Including CO2 Module.

The AirGradient Builds Overview

Caps on LED Board are:
0.1uF = 100nF

LED_WS2812B is this one:

Yes SGP41 module is custom made.

Thank you for the info @Achim_AirGradient! I think I have all components located in lcsc and I’ll also build the custom SGP41 board (I did find one which I think it is the same for the SHT41 sensor).

I’ll order the missing components and PCB and I’ll try to solder and build the monitor myself (let’s see if I manage :slight_smile: )

If anyone has any advice on building it, I’d be extremely thankful to hear it. Also, if anyone feels interested to see and hear about the progress I’ll be more than happy to report it here.

Best regards,

hi, I checked the CO2 module PCB and it seems to have added expansion functions. Can you tell me, “Sun*
”What is it? Thank you

It’s an option to use other SenseAir modules like Sunrise or Sunlight.

1 Like

FYI the kicad_sch for outdoor_1.3 was not cleanly closed at the time it was packaged up for distribution, which makes kicad complain when opening the schematic for the first time. It does open up eventually, though, so no big deal.