Object stuck in USB-C slot

Hey all,

Just received my pre soldered DIY PRO kit, and put it together.

I tried plugging in the USB-C wire and noticed that there is what looks like a random end of a wire stuck in it?

Is this normal / expected?

Thanks

As a result of this the USB-C wire doesn’t go in fully.

Connecting the USB-C cable to D1 Mini works, and the device turns on. The main USB-C port is busted.

Certainly not expected. If you have a wood or plastic toothpick you could see if it can be popped out of there. Otherwise, the AirGradient people will see this post soon and will likely make it right with a new board.

If you have tweezer or something that would fit in there just pull it out. You should be good after that!

Can you find out what exactly is stuck there?

I tried using a needle / safety pin to dislodge whatever it is but it’s stuck in there pretty solid. A little afraid that if I put more pressure it might mess up the USB-C port as there’s no warranty on the kit.

I’ll try again later today :crossed_fingers:

In case something breaks pls get in touch with us and we can send a replacment board.

Thanks for that, I was able to sum up more courage and get the thing out of the port. Here it is.

Thankfully, it doesn’t look like anything broke. I hope it stays that way!

Thank you!

Thank you! We have adjusted the testing of the pre-soldered board and are now checking the usb c plug as well.