O-1PP watchdog reboot loop

Getting a constant watchdog reboot on brand new outdoor kit. I have tried both the stock AG and the ESPHome firmware with the same results. Fans in the 5003 modules are running. During some reboots I will get temp, humidity & PM data. PCB is v1.3

Thoughts?

E (166200) task_wdt: Task watchdog got triggered. The following tasks did not reset the watchdog in time:
E (166200) task_wdt: - loopTask (CPU 0)
E (166200) task_wdt: Tasks currently running:
E (166200) task_wdt: CPU 0: IDLE
E (166200) task_wdt: Aborting.
ESP-ROM:esp32c3-api1-20210207
Build:Feb 7 2021
rst:0x7 (TG0WDT_SYS_RST),boot:0xc (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
Saved PC:0x4204396c
SPIWP:0xee
mode:DIO, clock div:1
load:0x3fcd6100,len:0x438
load:0x403ce000,len:0x918
load:0x403d0000,len:0x24e4
entry 0x403ce000
Terminal disconnected: NetworkError: The device has been lost.

Is it about 5 minutes between reboots? In the stock firmware, the watchdog gets reset every time it reports to the AirGradient Dashboard, so if there is no wifi connectivity, that could cause it to trigger a device reboot.

Which ESPHome file did you use? I have a repo with most models, but I don’t have O-1PP, only the one with the CO2 sensor, O-1PST. The main difference is lack of support for the dual PM sensors and averaging them, but it is on my roadmap to do. I have the board, I just have to assemble it.

I would assume whatever one you used is also updating/resetting the watchdog timer, but depends on if it is also linked to the API upload or just a regular interval.

3-5 min between reboots. I am using AJFriesen’s YAML on the O-1PP which is the sensor having problems.

I am using firmware and configs from your repo for my AG One which I am having no problem.

Do you think your O-1PST YAML would be good for troubleshooting or would it puke on missing the CO2 sensor?

Thank you!

You could give it a shot. Not sure what will happen when pm 2.5 data comes to what it is expecting the CO2 sensor to be, but I would think it would just be garbage data for the values and would otherwise work, but haven’t tried.

If you are fine with just HomeAssistant data for this testing time, take the O-1PST file and remove the package lines for the CO2 sensor and uploading to AirGradient API (and the VOC sensor if you don’t have one) and then it should work just fine only reporting to HA

Mixed success. No longer rebooting but 5003 not reporting data. May be indicative of a bad module.

I’ll do some additional troubleshooting later. I am guessing they moved from the O-1PP to the O-1PST just after my order. I am going to see how I might source the SGP41 and S8 to convert my sensor and just hold onto the second 5003 as a spare.

Both modules are sold on the site:
Shop (airgradient.com)

But the S8 has a shield that I don’t know if there are .stl files for and it also has a PCB to let the same cable the PMS5003 sensor uses to connect to the S8

We will put a special version for the s8 including the holder into the shop in the next few days so that people can upgrade to the O-1PST version.

Yes we just made the PST model the default one. Please contact our support via our website form if you like to upgrade.

1 Like

Thank you Achim! Putting the request in now :slight_smile: