Issue with compile new firmware ONE V9

I get an error when trying to compile the “ONE.ino” on my V9 module. the error is

/opt2/leoaloha/sketchbook/ONE.ino/ONE.ino.ino: In member function ‘bool AgMqtt::begin(String)’:
/opt2/leoaloha/sketchbook/ONE.ino/ONE.ino.ino:564:5: error: ‘esp_mqtt_client_config_t’ has no non-static data member named ‘uri’
564 | };
| ^

exit status 1

Compilation error: ‘esp_mqtt_client_config_t’ has no non-static data member named ‘uri’

Any help would be appreciated

I can’t help with the compile issue, but if you just need to get it up and running, you can use the latest compiled firmware here:
The AirGradient ONE Air Quality Sensor (Presoldered-Version, PCB Version 9)

Id love to, However I use Linux. That thing is for windows

Not even with a Chromium based browser?

I fixed that. And installed the binary. Works great. Thanks
Still would like to see what the compile problem is.

L

Sound great that you’re can fix the issue. Please consider read the comment on top of example file before complile

I have the same issue. I have verified the esp32 board manager is installed, but using version 2.0.13.

C:\Users\Chad\AppData\Local\Temp.arduinoIDE-unsaved202429-15676-iaiml2.shpdp\ONE\ONE.ino: In member function ‘bool AgMqtt::begin(String)’:
C:\Users\Chad\AppData\Local\Temp.arduinoIDE-unsaved202429-15676-iaiml2.shpdp\ONE\ONE.ino:564:5: error: ‘esp_mqtt_client_config_t’ has no non-static data member named ‘uri’
564 | };
| ^

exit status 1

Compilation error: ‘esp_mqtt_client_config_t’ has no non-static data member named ‘uri’

Currently we use 2.0.11 can you downgrade and try again?

When I had that problem the wrong serial port was selected. Make sure ALL the setup is done as suggested in the remarks at the top of the file, along with version number. you can revert back on most of them .

L

I tried just tried that, same issue during the Verify compile.

I did my best to verify all of the other settings/parameters and library versions.

Can you post screenshots of your Arduino settings, so that we see exactly what you selected?

Enable “USB CDC On Boot” seems to differ

“WifiManager by tzapu, tablatronix” tested with version 2.0.16-rc.2
“Arduino_JSON” by Arduino version 0.2.0
“U8g2” by oliver version 2.34.22
Please make sure you have esp32 board manager installed. Tested with
version 2.0.11.

Important flashing settings:

• Set board to “ESP32C3 Dev Module”
  • Enable “USB CDC On Boot”
  • Flash frequency “80Mhz”
  • Flash mode “QIO”
  • Flash size “4MB”
  • Partition scheme “Default 4MB with spiffs (1.2MB APP/1,5MB SPIFFS)”
  • JTAG adapter “Disabled”

Maybe I don’t understand here, this is failing to compile using the Verify function. I always verify that it will even compile correctly before even attempting to compile and send to the board. We are focusing on the board and board settings when it won’t even compile. Does the compile rely on the board and settings?

YES. The settings are required to compile correctly.
all the setting are listed in the remarks at the top of the program. Make sure you are using the exact name and version of the libraries.

Each time I test it, I have to set some of it back up again and admittingly I missed the “USB CSC On Boot” this last time. So just to be sure I tried it again, same results.

C:\Users\Chad\AppData\Local\Temp.arduinoIDE-unsaved2024210-13980-1fcnlrl.c1vj\ONE\ONE.ino: In member function ‘bool AgMqtt::begin(String)’:
C:\Users\Chad\AppData\Local\Temp.arduinoIDE-unsaved2024210-13980-1fcnlrl.c1vj\ONE\ONE.ino:564:5: error: ‘esp_mqtt_client_config_t’ has no non-static data member named ‘uri’
564 | };
| ^

exit status 1

You dont have esp32 board manager installed. Under the checkmark. select the icon unerthe folder icon. type esp32 in the search bar, select esp32 by expressif and select ver 2.0.10

And then recheck all your settings

L

Here is where some of the confusion came in. I had installed the Arduino ESP32 board manager and the version matched that of the notes in the file. I didn’t realize this was the wrong board manager.

However, I previously had installed the correct board manager to upload an older version a couple of months ago and WAS running the correct version, but during startup of IDE, I allowed it to update the libraries and it was updated to 3.0.0.a.

I have removed the 3.0.0.a version and installed the 2.0.10 version and I do get past the error.

Checked my settings again and the USB CDC on boot keeps disabling and causing another error, so I have to pay attention to that.

I was able to get it to compile!

Thanks for sticking with me. Hopefully that helps others as well.

1 Like

And it uploaded just fine and seems to be working well!