First attempt errors

Hi I’ve connected the entire board and connect it to the Arduino ide.
I did all by the tutorial in your site.

and got this errors in any compilation of the code:

Executable segment sizes:
ICACHE : 32768 - flash instruction cache
IROM : 231500 - code in flash (default or ICACHE_FLASH_ATTR)
IRAM : 26217 / 32768 - code in IRAM (IRAM_ATTR, ISRs…)
DATA : 1496 ) - initialized variables (global, static) in RAM/HEAP
RODATA : 876 ) / 81920 - constants (global, static) in RAM/HEAP
BSS : 25520 ) - zeroed variables (global, static) in RAM/HEAP
Sketch uses 260089 bytes (24%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1044464 bytes.
Global variables use 27892 bytes (34%) of dynamic memory, leaving

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Did anything show up after that information? I think that is just data back to you, but I don’t know that they are errors. If it failed to connect to your D1 Mini, I would expect errors just after what you pasted.

Are you trying the default “Blink” example code, or the AirGradient sketch?

It happens right after i try to compile blink or any other code.

Nothing after…

Thank you.

That is not an error, it is a summery after the compile.
In the IDE you can set in the preferences the compiler warnings to “All” to get more data. Very likely you see than also warnings that are … just warnings and posible errors.

If you upload to the D1 one, you see a count of the upload.

What does the bottom line read?

thank you!
im getting the same output after “done compiling” and also i see that the port field under tools is not visible

Executable segment sizes:
ICACHE : 32768 - flash instruction cache
IROM : 231900 - code in flash (default or ICACHE_FLASH_ATTR)
IRAM : 26857 / 32768 - code in IRAM (IRAM_ATTR, ISRs…)
DATA : 1536 ) - initialized variables (global, static) in RAM/HEAP
RODATA : 876 ) / 81920 - constants (global, static) in RAM/HEAP
BSS : 25608 ) - zeroed variables (global, static) in RAM/HEAP
Sketch uses 261169 bytes (25%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1044464 bytes.
Global variables use 28020 bytes (34%) of dynamic memory, leaving 53900 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.

If you don’t have anything under Tools>Port then it sounds like you don’t have the driver for the D1 Mini installed. You can try installing the driver here:
https://www.wemos.cc/en/latest/ch340_driver.html

Also, make sure you are using the button with the arrow to the right that says “Upload” and not the checkmark labeled Verify. If you are clicking Verify, you will get exactly what you see, but that is just checking that the code is good, and not actually trying to send it to any device.

Also please make sure you use a DATA cable. Many micro USB cables can only charge but not transfer data.

1 Like

Hah, that would certainly be the most simple explanation!

yes, thanks guys it helps. and now my board is blinking and connected properly.
but im trying to upload missing libraries such as :C02_PM_SHT_OLED_WIFI:35:10: fatal error: WiFiManager.h: No such file or directory

35 | #include <WiFiManager.h>

in the IDE, you need to go to Manage Libraries and add WiFiManager. (by tzapu)

thanks it helps.

after compiling i get :: raise FatalError(‘Failed to connect to %s: %s’ % (self.CHIP_NAME, last_error))
esptool.FatalError: Failed to connect to ESP8266: Timed out waiting for packet header
esptool.FatalError: Failed to connect to ESP8266: Timed out waiting for packet header