Co2 reading of -3 constantly

Ok I haven’t got round to soldering the co2 sensor to the board yet as I think the pins are tight enough to give a reading however now that I think of it that could be the problem so I’ll try to solder and get a picture on monday for you thanks.

You really need to solder all connections (see red). Also cut the cables hanging out (blue).

I would say there’s a good chance you’ve shorted pins and permanently damaged parts already.

Yepp, it looks like you’ve already shorted TX/RX pins on your PMS5003 slot as mentioned by @ken830 , which actually can directly affect D6 pin of MC if you have the same version of the board as I have. try cleaning out and testing again. I’d even de-solder everything and test components on a breadboard for debugging

@Achim_AirGradient Thank you for sending me the D1 mini replacment board (for my presoldered PCB 4.2). I was able to flash it. Unfortunately the CO2 sensor only reports “-3”. Does this mean the senseair device is potentially defective as well? The sensor light flashes in normal intervals.

Thanks,
Helge

Please send some pictures of the board and the assembly. If possible both sides of the pcb. Thanks.

@Achim_AirGradient I hope these photos are sufficient. If I recall right the pcb had already been mounted to the plastic enclosure when it was shipped to me but if needed I can of course also remove it from its lower body part.

I didn’t mention in my previous post that I didn’t touch any of the boards mounted on the pcb except the D1 mini which I have replaced, so the boards that had been working well before the replacement of the D1 mini I have not removed and installed on the pcb again.

Maybe also important to mention: I made sure that the power supply is from a strong usb power source (100W, not needed of course but just to make sure that sufficient energy supply is ensured.

I also wanted to share a video showing the orange senseair sensor measurement light blinking but couldn’t upload it here. Of course it’s no problem to upload it to a fileshare and provide a link in case you’d be interested in this as well.

Thanks,
Helge

Thanks. I don’t see a problem. Please contact our support for a replacement.

Thanks @Achim_AirGradient I will do so.