CO2 concentration abruptly changing in value in the middle of the night?

I just got my first airgradient the other day and yesterday I set it up and left it in the living room. I was in the living room until midnight at which time I went to bed, which is consistent with the data I’m seeing. However, what I am confused about is the sudden drop in CO2 concentration at 5 am. I live alone as was sleeping at that time and so nothing in the environment should have changed at that point. Does anyone have any good ideas for what could explain such a sudden drop? The drop is from 800 to 620 in 5 minutes.

Any chance your HVAC system kicks on then to prepare the house for whatever temp you determine?

If my Wake setting needs the house heated by 6:30, it may start up the furnace and fan at 5:30 so it is at temp by 6:30.

Turning on my central fan can drastically change CO2 as it circulates the house

For me looks like the ABC kicking in.

Any chance your HVAC system kicks on then to prepare the house for whatever temp you determine?

No chance of that. This is an old house that did not have HVAC, the only air condition it does have are a few fans I installed a few months ago, and they are running continuously at the same setting all night. So essentially the house should be completely static from midnight when I went to bed to around 730 when I woke up this morning.

@Achim_AirGradient I’m not sure what ABC means in this context?

Here you can read more about ABC

3 Likes