Are You a Home Assistant Developer?

We have recently decided to develop a native integration into Home Assistant for our air quality monitors. The aim is to give a first class experience for our customers using Home Assistant and also to get this integration certified by Home Assistant.

Unfortunately our existing developer team does not have the experiences and skills required for this project. Since we have a lot of Home Assistant Enthusiasts and Developers within our community, I wanted to let you all know about this opportunity.

Here you can read more about Home Assistant integrations

We need the following features:

So if you feel you can help us (or know somebody who could), please respond and let me know. You can contact me over our support form.

Happy to answer any questions here in the forum as well.

3 Likes

Some of you might know that we actually started to work on an ESPHome integration based on @MallocArray work but we stopped that because having two different firmwares available (the stock AirGradient and ESPHome) is not ideal and adds a lot of complexity and we also found the overhead of ESPHome quite substantial (basically using all the available storage on the ESP32).

To clarify, the overhead actually is not from MallocArray’s version but due to requirements for “Made for ESPHome” certification, e.g. the bluetooth provisioning.

2 Likes

As a home assistant user that also uses ESPHome stuff, I will say that I find their provisioning process much easier than what I just went through with this first time setup. I’ll post in their forums to see if someone can help, because integration with Home Assistant is the reason I bought this. :slight_smile:

1 Like