Anything indoor One cannot detect? How many Ones in a multilevel home?

I just bought an indoor one. Is there anything toxic that it would not detect thats harmful to humans and dogs? I assume those would be captured in pm1?

I live in a 3 story home. I have Oransi Mod+ Merv 17 airfilters on each story as well as filtrete merv 14 air filter for hvac. Where should I put the One? Should i buy three, one for each floor? Thanks.

Particulate wise, the sensor should be pretty reliable and I’m not sure you need one on each floor. VOC wise, this monitor won’t be able to sense specific VOCs to let you know of any specific hazards. It’ll only tell you overall VOCs are higher or lower than before.

There are probably many things that the Airgradient monitors can not detect that are harmful. CO being probably the most prominent example.

1 Like

Yes. There are a lot of pollutants in the air that most consumer grade monitors can not detect. So I would rather see it from the opposite direction. Which pollutants can the airgradient detect:

• PM of various sizes
  • CO2
  • VOCs
  • NOx

The last two the more difficult ones to measure. VOCs can include things like Formaldehyde, Benzols etc. but these cannot be individually detected.

I think what the airgradient misses is for example radon, and specific gases like CO, SO2, O3 etc.

2 Likes