Airgradient v9 CO2 values rather high

Hello there,

I just purchased an AirGradient pre-soldered version and had it lying around for a week to hopeful get more stable values.

In the first week, I had the stock version running, and it’s been showing:
CO2 ppm - averaging 1.5-2k in the day, and 4000+ overnight, rarely dips below 1k when venting the room.
Temperature - 2c on average above a wall-mounted regulator for my floor heating
humidity - 3-6% below a humidifier that’s sitting around and used for reading values.

I just updated it to v3.0.6 2MAR24 and left it lying around for a couple of minutes, it fixed the humidity readings but the temperature readings stay the same.

I’m concerned with CO2 ppm levels, since it’s been very difficult to get them below 1000 ppm.

Would there be other alternatives to verify which readings are accurate other than finding more devices to see which values agree with each other?

Note:

• I live in Austria.
  • I found a physical thermometer and it’s temperature seems to agree with the Airgradient monitor which may indicate that the wall-mounted sensor is off. Potentially being cooled down by the wall in winter?
  • Added some pictures of the devices I’m using.

Maybe you can take your monitor close to a window or outdoors to check if the values go below 1000 ppm. Should be easy to hit 400 ppm like that, and the ABC would then save that baseline.

Maybe some details about your room’s characteristics would would reveal what causes those issues, but not sure how comfortable you are with sharing those.

You can do a forced CO2 calibration. Bring the sensor outside or put it next to an open window for around 5 minutes.

Then on the dashboard go to “Edit Monitor” and check the “Request CO2 Calibration”

After around 15 seconds, it should calibrate to 400ppm. Then take it indoors again.

Hey Achim,

I’ve just spent 30 mins venting my bedroom and it does fall to 400ppm now (was 500ppm previously before the update). Will give requesting the C02 calibration a try. Do you know how long it will take?

If it goes to 400ppm, you actually don’t really need a manual calibration. It looks all good already.

Great! thanks alot for the help! Seems like my room gets to some pretty bad levels overnight.