AirGradient ONE - Configuration issue

Hi! I’m having issues with the configuration step. Whenever I press “the button” I get “warming up serial number XXXXXXX”, then “press now for LED testing”, then “press now for configuration”. When I press the button (long or short) on the “press now for config” screen, it just cycles again to the “warming up serial number XXXXX” screen. Has anyone encountered this or know of a path forward?

Ok I’ve resolved this. After connecting the unit to the server, rebooting and clicking the button on the config message it did then enter the config mode. Perhaps there’s a hidden requirement to connect the unit to the server first?

No. It actually should work even without server connection but we will check if we can improve this further.

@Achim_AirGradient , I have the same question of how to check the LED when the message displayed.
There are 2 buttons of BOOT and En which one is for Configuration and LED check?

Its the one labelled “BOOT SW”.

I found that I needed to hold the button - the one you can push through the back of the enclosure with the included torx screwdriver - while adding power. Then I was able to flash.

@Achim_AirGradient What is the button En used for ?
I found that i need to push the BOOT button then power on the board then the FLASH can be function.
The hole o f the bottom case is for EN button ? Since the BOOT button is at the right side of the En bottom which is not reach from the small hole, I need to open the case to reach the BOOT button.

It is used as a Configuration button to change a few options. Check the heading “Configuration” on this page:
The AirGradient ONE Air Quality Sensor (Presoldered-Version, PCB Version 9)

Reading the Configuration section the way it is written is confusing to me. So hopefully someone can clarify my two questions below:

Does “The button” refer to which ever of the two buttons on the board that can be reached through the hole on the back of the enclosure?

Does “Press the button on startup” mean hold the button down when turning the device on or turn the device on and then press the button?

In this context the button is the one you can reach through the back of the case. The other button is for a bootloader recovery mode only needed in special circumstances

I would plug in the power cable and then press and hold the Config button, but I think either would be fine to do

Hi @MallocArray and @mrj ,

I have this confusion also when I need to re-flash the unit or try to check the LED function.
There are 2 button labeled on PCB as BOOT and En after try with error, finally I get the correct answer from Achim that button En is not use at the moment which will be use for future.
The button labeled as BOOT is the button which all the document refer to. (that is the confusion of me).
I also use a screw drive that come with the unit and go through the small hole of the bottom cover then I confirmed the button labeled BOOT is the only button can be reach though that small hole.

If you need to flash the unit, you need to press the BOOT then power on the unit and release the Boot button, then unit will be under flash mode.

Hope it is helpful to you. I may suggest Achim to mention of “the Button” more specific on the document .

This should be explained better in the guide.

With the button, you can set the configuration of the display. Press the button on start up and it will enter a menu. Then short press the button until you find the configuration you like. Long press the button to save and reboot.

Explain which button. Explain exactly when and for how long it needs to be pressed. This was confusing to me. You need to look at the screen when the device boots. When it says “press button for config now” you need to press and hold the button labeled “boot sw” for about 2 seconds.

I’ll tag @Achim_AirGradient to pass along this feedback.

There is only one button accessible from outside of the case through the hole in the back, which I suspect is why it just says the button.

Adding about how long to hold is a valid suggestions.