Adding noise sensor

Hello, do you happen to know, if there is a possibility to add a noise sensor?

I live near a motokross racing track and they changed their schedule from twice a week to daily :rage:

So I need some kind of monitor to collect data to challenge them with it.

I’d be interested in this as well. My apartment building just added 5 air conditioning units right below my balcony where my outdoor sensor is, and a noise sensor would help gauge when they were running to see the impact on the air. The easiest and most crucial part is simply measuring the sound level in decibels (dB). Microphones can have different pickup patterns (directional, omnidirectional, etc.) which could depend on the application and mounting. Some are suited to pickup different frequency ranges (low/mid/high), or it might be helpful to know what frequency ranges are being made to differentiate the range of sounds.

Unless there is a decibel meter module that plugs in with the same I2C pin layout as the available headers, it would probably be easier to just buy a dedicated device for measuring decibel. They are $20-30

Amazon.com: Decibel Meter, RISEPRO® Digital Sound Level Meter 30 – 130 dB Audio Noise Measure Device Backlight MAX/MIN, Data Hold Auto Power Off Dual Ranges HT-80A : Industrial & Scientific

1 Like